OK so last week one of the guys from the office asked me if Garrison Keillor really does represent what Minnesota people are like. My answer? HECK NO! LOL For those of you who do not know who he is a quick search on Wikipedia.com will enlighten you. Garrison has a radio program called "A Prairie Home Companion" that airs on public radio. Even here in TN I get his program though the Jackson NPR station. Now don't get me wrong a few bits and pieces of his stuff is OK, but for the most part this dude is a hack. He is a classic example of those who get lucky in life having a radio program that talks mostly about nothing, and gets paid huge sums of money for it. In fact just this weekend I had to shut the radio off driving home as I could not stand it any longer. OK OK so why is he so popular? Well I think some of the reason is that there is some truth to the things he says about Lake Wobegon. I grew up in Scandinavian MN and yes there are many truths in the stories. However no one from MN who is in lake Wobegon also maintains a house in New York City!
OK so that covers Garrison. In my next post I will cover with people from MN are normally like. And, in some cases, you might be surprised.
No comments:
Post a Comment